West Chester, Ohio
Motto: Where Families Grow, and Businesses Prosper.
The thirteenth and last in order of creation, it was erected from Liberty Township by the Butler County Commissioners on June 2, 1823, upon petitions from residents of the township. No boundaries were given in the resolution passed by the commissioners, but it originally contained 35 square miles (91 km²), just short of a full survey township. The new township was given the name "Union." Because Union Township was familiarly known as West Chester, plus the abundance of other townships in Ohio called Union, the name was changed to West Chester Township effective June 28, 2000, after being ratified by the township's voters at the March 9 primary election. Many census and government records, including the 2000 census, refer to Union Township. Today, it is the only West Chester Township statewide.
West Chester Township lies within an oval area geologically known as the "Cincinnati Arch." This area has been one of the best on the continent for collecting fossils because the Miami Valley was once at the bottom of an ancient ocean.
In Ohio, Butler County is only second to Ross County in the number of antiquities and Native American mounds discovered. At one time, West Chester claimed eleven mounds.
Search West Chester, Ohio Homes for Sale
Star One Real Estate, Inc.
Keller Williams Realty Assoc Partners
ERA REAL Solutions Realty
Kemba Realty, Inc.
Comey & Shepherd
Today's Market Trends for West Chester, Ohio *
* All data pertains to single-family homes